How Far Can I Park from a Fire Hydrant in Alabama?
Whether you are a new or seasoned driver, you may have a few questions surrounding parking in the Birmingham area. Locals and visitors alike may be unfamiliar with some parking specifics like how far you can park from a fire hydrant and how far you need to be from a stop sign. This guide from Serra Toyota is going to dive into some of the laws surrounding parking throughout Alabama and the Birmingham area.
Can I Park Near Train Tracks in Birmingham?
There are a lot of specifics when it comes to parking laws in Alabama. Below we have laid out some of the more specific laws we’ve found that pertain to parking throughout the state. Some laws have exceptions, such as when it is necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with a law officer. Here are some of the laws surrounding parking in Alabama:
- No person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle on a sidewalk or crosswalk or within an intersection.
- No person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle on the roadway side of a vehicle that is parked or stopped along the curb or edge of the street.
- No person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle on any railroad tracks or near any location with official signs prohibiting stopping or parking.
- No person shall stand or park a vehicle within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or within 20 feet of a fire station driveway entrance.
- No person shall stand or park a vehicle within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection.
This is not a definitive list of all parking-related laws in the Birmingham area or state of Alabama. For more information about local parking laws, contact a member of your area’s law enforcement.
Read more: Is It Dangerous to Drive in Strong Winds?
Parking can be tricky and understanding laws surrounding parking can help you stay out of trouble when it comes to finding a spot to park your vehicle. Are you in the market for a new set of wheels? Head over to our online inventory to view our lineup of in-stock new 2019 and 2020 Toyota vehicles at Serra Toyota in Birmingham, AL.