It may seem simple, but following these tips can truly extend the life of your vehicle. How long and well your vehicle lasts is often a direct representation of how well the vehicle was maintenanced. Some of the suggestions can be done at home, while others would best be handled by a mechanic.
Luckily, drivers in the Birmingham, AL area have a great service center available to them right here at Serra Toyota. Our service staff will be more than happy to assist you with any of the following suggestions as well as any other maintenance requests you may have.
Check the maintenance schedule –
- Every vehicle includes specific maintenance intervals.
- These must be followed to achieve the best performance.
- Most new vehicles will also alert of maintenance needed.
Check the engine’s fluid levels often –
- This will ensure all fluids are functioning properly.
- If it’s extremely low, there could possibly be a leak.
- Top off all necessary fluids whenever you can.
Check the tire pressure –
- Proper inflation can positively affect your fuel economy.
- Most new Toyota vehicles come with a tire pressure monitor system.
- It’s important to have tires rotated often as well.
Listen for abnormal noises –
- Drivers should pay close attention to their vehicle’s sounds.
- This is your vehicle’s way of telling you if something is wrong.
- Bring it to a mechanic if you cannot determine the cause of the sound.
The reason our team wanted to share this post is because it’s important to remember that it is often less expensive to fix or replace a part versus buying a new vehicle. Our service team is full of well-informed mechanics who are capable of fixing most vehicle problems. We’re more than happy to help, even if you just need us to inspect your vehicle to determine the problem.
It’s also important to remember that no matter how well you follow the scheduled maintenance or these other tips, your vehicle will always need more attention. Just by simple driving the vehicle, you’re naturally wearing down its parts. Maintenance and repairs should be expected, but they can be far and fewer between if you follow these suggestions.